Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Tiggity TONGA

We made it to Tonga! Cool, eh? We managed to lose a day on the way, but who is counting? I am pretty sure it is now Saturday, but I have no idea of the actual time (again, not that it matters).

It is not quite what I expected, but it never is. We are in the Vava'u group, which from my first impression seems to be a bunch of islands with all sorts of nooks and crannies to be anchored in and explored. Right now we are anchored in Neiafu. Technically we are not supposed to go on land until Monday when we check in with customs, but... we will see.

We arrived about two hours ago so I don't have too much to say about the place yet, but this will be home sweet home for the next two months, so I will have plenty of time to check it out and report back to you.

In the meantime, it is time for a shower - maybe even a warm one as it is a chilly 72.5 degrees outside - a nice meal, and a good, solid night's sleep.
-----
At 9/3/2011 3:18 AM (utc) Rutea's position was 18°39.81'S 173°58.91'W

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment