Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Welcome to the Northern Territory

We made it to NT! Yes, our treacherous passage across the Gulf of Carpenteria was rather uneventful - in terms of sailing. And our welcome to the Northern Territory was uneventful as well, save the potato patch of current and steep seas we hit as we rounded Cape Wessel.

We are now tucked in a nice, calm anchorage at Two Island Bay, which you would have a hard time finding on a map. I made pizza for dinner and Dad made chocolate chocolate chip cookies for dessert (obviously we are on a diet), and although it is only 6:30 PM I am ready for bed. It will be absolutely delightful to have a calm night's sleep without having to get up at midnight for a watch or sleep hanging on for fear of being thrown out of bed.

More to come when I am not feeling like such a zombie.
-----
At 6/28/2013 8:24 AM (utc) Rutea's position was 11°04.52'S 136°43.73'E

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment