Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 2

The sun just set in rather spectacular fashion on day two of the passage through the Banda Sea en route to Wakatobi. The wind has held steady at around 15 knots for the past 36 hours and the seas have kindly stayed below a meter. It has been so pleasant that Kyle has not even spewed once! In fact, he is even eating and, dare I say, enjoying himself this passage.

We have about 150 miles to get to our waypoint at Wangi Wangi island, which we hope to reach before sundown tomorrow. While this is an easy passage, none of us want to stay out here any longer than necessary. And so, all is swell on board.

Next time from Wakatobi.
-----
At 8/11/2013 12:16 AM (utc) Rutea's position was 04°49.51'S 127°03.20'E

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment