Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sicky-Poo

After excessive partying, drinking, traveling, running around and general shenanigans, I decided to chill out for a few days and take it easy. Big mistake. Once I let my guard down and relaxed a bit I was slammed with a nasty head cold that has kept me down for days now.


Granted, I can't really complain because this is the first time I have been sick on this entire trip (well over a year) when I should have been sick a dozen times from eating greasy street tacos, under-cooked meat, drinking unsafe water and hanging out in poor villages. I guess I should consider myself lucky, but it is hard to do so when my head feels like it is going to explode.


Ok, enough whining, although it is ironic that the one weekend the weather is nice, the surf is up and the wind is light I am not out there to enjoy it. Such is life. It really has taken all my restraint not to accept offers to go surfing or out for a beer, but really I am focusing on getting my health back.


Moral of the story? Don't take your health for granted! Appreciate ever day you feel awesome. And you should probably not go a day without drinking because I did and that's when the trouble started.

1 comment:

  1. You are exactly right. Good to hear. Cheers!! (feel better). Love you.

    ReplyDelete