Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wet

Things are a bit steamy aboard Slow Dance these days, mostly due to the fact that it has been pouring rain for days, is hot hot hot, and super humid. Not only that, but the teak decks are quite old and water leaks all over the main salon. And we have to keep the hatches closed to prevent any more water from coming inside the boat, which makes it even hotter. Nice, I know.

Yes, the weather has been a bit shitty the past few days, but we are in a well protected anchorage in Viani Bay. We had gusts to 35 knots yesterday along with heavy showers and although we were all confined to the inside of the boat all day, it was relatively comfortable. But even a 90 foot boat can feel small on a day like that.

We left Savusavu a few days ago - not to be confused with Suva or Somosomo - which was a cool experience. Although Savusavu is the biggest town on Vanua Levu it is quite tiny, in a little bay hidden by lush hills. The provisioning was good and we stocked up on more beer, produce and cartons of cigarettes for the boys (yuck).

Now we are waiting for the sun, and we could be waiting for a long time seeing as how this is the monsoon/rainy season. Oh well, I will still go swimming and snorkeling. It seems like I am always wet anyway. But now I get to go clean the bathrooms. Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment