Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Brief Update

Hello Friends and Family!

I had every intention of writing one last blog before leaving Mexico, but alas, the internet ran out, the surf was good, and oh yes, we were preparing for a 2,700 mile journey across the Pacific ocean. Perhaps I will get back to it sometime.

As for now, we are 2 days out of Banderas Bay. We are currently doing 7.8 knots (pretty damn fast for us) with winds of 13.5 knots. The water is a deep, electric blue and the sky is cloudless. The seas are a bit rolly which is why this post is brief... I still have not fully recovered my sea legs. In a few days time I am sure I will be posting here and reading lots, playing music, etc., but at this point even making a bowl of Ramen noodles is pretty difficult.

However, we are now only 2,472 miles away from Hiva Oa! Slowly but surely... right?

Please send us good vibes and fresh winds, calm seas (yes, surfer friends, this means you stop praying for surf for a few days), and I will report back again soon!

Much love from the middle of nowhere,

A Salty, Salty Schneider
-----
At 3/24/2011 10:17 PM (utc) Rutea's position was 18°29.36'N 108°23.68'W

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for staying in touch. Apparently there's more than 1 way to surf the waves.....board and boat.

    ReplyDelete