Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I hate leaving but I love going...

Often times I get very anxious when I am about to leave a place, whether it is my San Diego home, my Santa Cruz home, or just a place I enjoy being. The funny thing is that I seem to do it a lot. And I will do it even more so being on a boat. However, the thought of staying in one place for the rest of my life is much more terrifying than the prospect of new countries and open ocean.

Today I cancelled my cell phone service; over the weekend I sold my car. The time that I have spent in San Diego since moving here last Friday has been a whirlwind. I am not sure what I have been doing, but something to the effect of grading finals (you got an A+), buying essentials for the tropics (new longboard leash, tropical water wax, whole leaf tea, bathing suits and flip-flops), and of course, surfing. Surfing keeps me sane, and although at times I felt like I was going to have a panic attack from all the things I needed to do, I still found time to get in the water with my favorite SD surf buddies.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we leave (we being my awesome parents and myself). I can't really fathom what that means at this point, and in all honesty I do not know. I hope to be gone as long as I feel is right. Vague? yes. Esoteric? maybe, but I do not want to assume too much or too little. Without expectations one can't disappoint, right?

Anyway, I apologize for the incoherent rambling. At this point I am a bit overwhelmed, but I wanted to post once more before I head out. I hope the next one is from another country. Hasta luego amigos!! Keep in touch.

1 comment: