Adventures

I created this blog back in 2010 with the hopes that you, my friend, would follow me as I (figuratively) sailed around the world. Now I hope to keep you entertained with silly anecdotes, whimsical stories, cutting analysis and random thoughts on the world, while traveling hither and thither. P.S. All material on this blog, words and photos alike, are copyrighted by me. Copyright 2022. If you decide that this material is worth re-publishing, please give me credit and lots and lots of money.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Moving Sucks

One of the things about being a History major is that we have a lot of books. Hella books. And while I love these books and refuse to sell them back to the university for an offensively low price, they are a pain in the ass to move. Most of them I will never read again, however, I am taking an ambitious stack on the boat with me. Some of them include Blood and Oil, A History of Life, Malcom X, Rome and the Italian Renaissance, and many of the other books I was assigned over the years in college but never got around to reading. This is my chance. Will (re)learning about the Franco-Prussian wars and the unification of Germany appeal to me as I stare into the aqua-blue, 75 degree waters of Mexico? I have no idea. But better safe than sorry, so I pack the German history text book in the "For the Boat" box.
Really, I am trying to be as conservative as possible with the things I intend to bring on the boat. Dad has already acquiesced to allowing me 2 surfboards on the boat (great success!!), my longboard- the budnana, and my bitchin' brand new short board-which I have yet to name. Mom already has her classical guitar on board, and I have decided to bring my steel-string guitar, one, because we are going to start a family rock band, and two, because...well... I love that guitar. The skateboard is still up for debate. In the way of clothes, well, let's just say I am not planning on wearing too many. Bathing suit and boardshorts all day every day!
However, I am not in warm water yet (the good kind). I am still in Santa Cruz; the books are still on the bookshelf; a pile of finals wait to be graded. The water is cold but the surf is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment